High Commission of the Republic of the Fiji Islands
1. The following classes of people are exempted from the necessity of having a visa when entering Fiji for business and leisure:-
(a) Nationals or citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Estonia, The Federal Republic of Germany, The Federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, The Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Holy See (Vatican), Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxemburg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico Moldova, Monaco, Nauru, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Slovak Republic, ST. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
(b) Nationals or citizens of any country not specified in paragraph (a) who hold an outward ticket for travel from the Fiji Islands to a destination in another country for which they hold any necessary visa and who are continuing their journey from the port or airport of disembarkation in the Fiji Islands to such destination on any ship or aircraft the scheduled time of departure of which is not more than 3 hours after the time of disembarkation.
2. Applications for visitorís visa must be submitted with a Police Clearance Report, Travel Schedule (preferably a flight itinerary), three (3) recent passport photographs and original passport. Forms can be obtained at no cost from the High Commission upon request.
3. All foreign nationals require a permit to take up employment, residence or studies in Fiji.
4. Work/Residence/Study Permit Application Forms can be obtained from the Fiji High Commission. These are to be submitted with supporting documents as outlined in the application form provided together with three (3) recent passport photographs.
5. Fees for visas and work/residence/study permits are as follows:-
(a) Single entry visa - ₤40.00;
(b) Multiple-entry visa - ₤75.00.
6. Processing time for applications are between 7-21 working days.
7. Payments are to be made by Bankersí Draft or Bank Cheque. If submitted personally, cash would be accepted.
Volunteers from countries whose nationals do not require pre-entry visas to enter the Fiji Islands may arrange with the organization in Fiji with which they will be engaged with to regularize their status with the Fiji Islands Immigration Department.
For those volunteers requiring pre-entry visas to enter the Fiji Islands they would need to contact their nearest Fiji Islands High Commission or Embassy to arrange for their pre-entry visa after acquiring a letter of engagement from the organisation they will be attached to in Fiji.
questions or comments about this web site.